Women experience many musculoskeletal, physiological and emotional changes during pregnancy. Chiropractic care can play an important role in both the prenatal and postpartum stages of pregnancy. As the pregnancy progresses, strain of the pelvic and spinal structures combined with changes in your gait can cause back and neck pain. Chiropractic care during pregnancy has been shown to reduce pain and discomfort by maintaining alignment of the spine and pelvis, optimizing baby positioning and minimizing complications during birth.
Benefits of chiropractic care during pregnancy:
- Maintain a healthier pregnancy
- Relief of back, neck, and joint pain
- Relief of pelvic and pubic pain
- Relief of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Correct pelvic alignment for breech presentation